Monday 27 May 2013

Natural Products I Regret Buying!







1) Yes to Cucumber Facial Towelettes 30 pack    RRP  $7.99 AUD  

 These were so disappointing, I mean it's not like it's super cheap or anything, anyway these would make my skin burn. I do have very dry and very sensitive skin, but I have read reviews where other people were complaining of their skin burning too and they didn't have sensitive skin. The cloth itself is too thin and I don't think it holds enough of the product. Removing make-up with this was always way too time consuming, it would take way too long to get make-up off and it felt like it was never  ending, so I would removed my make-up with olive oil then to use the rest up I used these to remove the oil and as long as I used a cleanser to wipe of the product my face wouldn't burn too much. Plus it dried out my skin a lot!!


So if you're thinking of buying a more natural make-up removing towelette, don't buy this if anything try the yes to blueberries  towelettes I have not tried them myself but they would hopefully be better than these. Or I think Burt's bees have some, but again I have not tried those either I DO NOT recommend these!!





2) Merry Hempsters, Vegan Hemp Balm, Vanilla Lip Balm 4 g   $1.92 USD

 This smells disgusting, I cannot get passed the smell because I hate it that much!! You cannot smell any vanilla in it at all.  It's actual performance as a lip balm isn't good either; hydration is crap, it's below average, it's too thin for me and doesn't last long so this is a lip balm I would not recommend! If you are desperately looking for a vegan lip balm, personally I would suggest you keep looking, I suggest Crazy Rumors as it works wonderfully!






3) Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser 125mL    RRP $9.95  AUD

 This was bought by accident, it came in a 3 pack and I thought I was buying a moisturiser and I am not super impressed with the ingredient list in this product. After learning more and more about ingredients the more I realised Sukin isn't as good as I initially thought, some products do contain PEGS and Phenoxyethanol, along with a couple others that I just personally try to pick products without those ingredients.

Anyway that is why I regret buying it, ingredients and the fact that I didn't need it! Sukin isn't the worst brand or anything so if you are wanting to ease into more natural products it's probably the brand to start out with because it is more affordable but if you are more strict with your ingredients you might not like Sukin as much as other natural brands.

Plus although they say this is for all skin types, I don't think this cuts it for my dry skin. It didn't dry it out from memory but it didn't provide enough moisture for me either, so it wasn't moisture stripping but I didn't give my skin what it needs. 




4) Moogoo Fresh Deodorant Cream  RRP $8.50 AUD

I know so many people love this and to be honest I don't know if it's good or not because I started to use it and one day I saw there was little black dots on the deodorant (keep in mind it hadn't been opened very long) first I thought it was lint from clothing but it didn't look like it close up, so maybe it was mould? I have no idea and I couldn't return it because I had thrown out my receipt  so I have practically a full bottle of deodorant in my bathroom just sitting there and it wasn't cheap either, a waste  :(





5) Sukin Antioxidant Eye Serum 30mL     RRP $19.95 AUD

I brought this on a whim in a little 3 pack, and because it was named something different than what it was previously called (Sukin changed all their packaging a while ago and changed up some of the same of their products), so with the different packaging I assumed it was a different product from the Sukin eye serum I had previously bought (I can't remember the exact name of what they called it before the package change but I will find it and update this post). I checked the ingredients of both of them and they were exactly the same and I had no intention of repurchasing this eye serum again because I have found better products and again there are some ingredients in Sukin products that I don't like so now I'm stuck with it, waste of my money, I feel a little tricked.







6) Sukin Natural Deodorant 125mL     RRP $5.95 AUD

 Basically it doesn't work for me, it didn't stop any odour, within a couple hours I would smell, plus it contains Phenoxyethanol which is an ingredient I try to mostly avoid specifically in skincare/ deodorants. 






7) Sukin Rose Water Spray (Hydrating Mist Toner) 125 mL    RRP $9.95 AUD

 It contains Phenoxyethanol and I didn't realise when I first got it.  This could have been a coincidence but the first time I used it, I had an allergic reaction that day where my skin goes all bumpy, this could have been something else though that I used that day, but I haven't used it since so I don't know for sure. Anyway I have found a similar product without the Phenoxyethanol so I prefer that instead. 





Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in its deceiving packaging


Inside the deceiving packaging; the size of an average lip balm


Swatched on my extremely white skin

8) Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in "Pink Blossom"    RRP    $14.95

The reason why I regret buying this, is the colour. It has nothing to do with the product or the niceness of the colour in general, it's that it isn't too far off my own lip colour but only very bright and I really don't like bright colours on my lips. So it is a waste of money since these tinted lip balms are so overpriced it's ridiculous but that's the only reason. I would have preferred if I had bought 2 of the "Honeysuckle" colours rather than one and one.
I mean some people might love this colour, it is a nice colour, it's just not for me. It's a bright pink on me and I just can't pull of bright or dark lip colours. I think also because I am so pale that it looks so bright but if you have tanned skin or even just some colour to your skin it will probably  look really nice. I think they have changed the name of this one from looking at their website.



From the picture of this tinted balm on my skin it doesn't look too bad, I know the light is washing it out a tiny bit. I feel it just doesn't look good on my lips with my skin tone, personal preference. 






Note: I will be updating this post with the rest of the pictures soon, I just haven't found all of them yet (my room is a big mess at the moment). 



4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Thanks so much for your honesty in sharing this, now I know I'm not alone in this whole Sukin hype - I'm not much of a fan.

    Can you please do a post on your favourite brands of skincare/make-up/body-related products? I'm interested in what you have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much :D I'm so happy you enjoyed reading my blog!!!

      Absolutely, I can do a post on my favourite brands in the near future, the make-up category might be a little later since I haven't found too many products I like, but I am searching!! I will have a May favourites post coming out at the end of the week and there is skincare products in that :)

      Delete