Wednesday 23 January 2013

I am a Lip Balm Addict: My Collection


Lip balms are something that I basically hoard, I love lip balms, I need them because my lips get so dry, I go through them quickly because of this. I only buy natural or organic lip balms now, I don't go near nivea, maybelline, blistex, carmex etc anymore  after seeing that all these lip balms  have chemicals, synthetic preservatives, petroleum etc I just swore them off because in my opinion they seemed more harmful then helpful.
 Plus we are always getting lip products in our mouth, so for me I do not want those chemicals in my body. I think the easiest beauty product to switch to natural is lip balms as they are available at pharmacies (though of course more expensive then overseas, but I do get most of my lip balms from overseas because it is cheaper and they have a wider range.

What I look for in a lip balm; what I have noticed works best for my lips are creamy and/ or thick texture lip balms. Lip balms that are oily or greasy don't  work for me, they tend to sit on top of my dry lips and what I feel is an oily residue over chapped/ dry lips (hopefully that made sense) and my lips just still feel dry, like it isn't penetrating the skin layers.


Not Pictured: EOS lip balms Honeydew honeysuckle and summer fruits, Burt's Bees Mango Butter (HATE the smell) and Acai Berry as I could not find them.

NOTE: I have not yet used all of these so there are some that are unopened.



1: Crazy Rumors A La Mode Banana Split Lip Balm 4.2g     (from iherb.com)
2: MooGoo Tingling Honey Lip Balm 5g                            (from local health food store)
3: MooGoo Cow Licks Lip Balm 5g                                   (from local health food store)
4: Burt’s Bee’s Honey lip Balm 4.25g                                 (Priceline)
5: EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere "Passionfruit" 7g USDA ORGANIC  (bought from www.brigettesboutique.com a while ago)
6: Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate oil 4.25g                        (Pharmacy)
7: Madre Bees Organic “Pomegranate” Lip Balm 4.25g USDA ORGANIC          (from iherb.com)
8: Organic Essence Organic Lip Balm Vanilla 6g USDA ORGANIC                   (from iherb.com- discontinued)
9: Badger Vanilla bean Cocoa Butter Lip Balm 7g USDA ORGANIC                   (from iherb.com)
10: EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere "Sweet Mint" 7g USDA ORGANIC                (available at vitacost.com but bought from www.brigettesboutique.com a while ago)
11: Madre Bees Organic Mint Burst Lip Balm 4.25g USDA ORGANIC              (from iherb.com)
12: MooGoo SPF 15 Filter Free 5g NON-Nano zinc oxide                                (from local health food store)
13: EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere "Medicated Tangerine" 7g USDA ORGANIC  (available at vitacost.com but bought from www.brigettesboutique.com a while ago)
14: Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm 4.25g                                                        (Priceline)
15: Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm with Kokum butter 4.25g               (from local health food store)
16: TheraNeem naturals Neem Stick Lip Therape' 4.2g USDA ORGANIC       (from vitacost.com)
17: Madre Bees Organic “Vanilla” Lip Balm 4.25g USDA ORGANIC               (from iherb.com)
18: Botani Healing Lip Balm 10g                                                                   (Priceline)
19: EcoTools Nonstop Moisture Lip Conditioner 7g                                        (from iherb.com- discontinued) 
20: EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere "Strawberry Sorbet" 7g USDA ORGANIC   (available at vitacost.com but bought from www.brigettesboutique.com a while ago)
21: Yes To Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter Melon 4.25g USDA ORGANIC      (Priceline)







22: Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm "Honeysuckle" 4.25g            (from local health food store)
23: Kuumba made Herbal Lip Balm “Mint” 4.25g                   (from iherb.com)
24: Hurraw! Chocolate Lip Balm 4.3g                                   (from iherb.com)
25: Peacekeeper Cause- Metics Eco-Sensual  Balm Spearmint & Coconut oil Lip Balm   (from iherb.com)
26: Hurraw! Vanilla Bean Lip Balm 4.3g                                (from iherb.com)
27: Yes to Blueberries Line Reducing Lip Treatment 2g          (from vitacost.com)
28: Kuumba made Herbal Lip Balm “Shea butter” 4.25g           (from iherb.com)
29: Hurraw! Night Treatment Balm “Blue Chamomile Vanilla” 4.3g            (from iherb.com)
30: Aubrey Organics Organic Lip Balm Vanilla & Honey 4.25g USDA ORGANIC          (from iherb.com)
31: Kuumba made Herbal Lip Balm “Lime” 4.25g             (from iherb.com)
32:Dr. Bronner’s Magic Organic Lip Balm “Peppermint” 4g USDA ORGANIC       (from local health food store but also available at iherb.com)
33: Kuumba made Herbal Lip Balm “Almond” 4.25g           (from iherb.com)
34: Honey Girl Organics Lip Balm .33fl .oz      (from vitacost.com)
35: Biggs & Featherbelle Soul Kiss  .15oz        (from vitacost.com)
36: Hurraw! Coconut Lip Balm 4.3g                (from iherb.com)
37: Naked Organix  Argan Nourishing Therape’ Butter to go 7g  USDA ORGANIC    (from vitacost.com)
38: Hurraw!  Coffee Bean Lip Balm 4.3g           (from iherb.com)
39: Vegan Hemp Balm Vanilla Lip Balm 4g         (from iherb.com)
40: Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm "Pink Blossom" 4.25g                (from local health food store)
41: Hurraw! Sun Protection Balm spf15 Tangerine Chamomile 4.3g NON-nano Zinc Oxide         (from iherb.com)
42: Elemental Herbs All Good Lips the Original USDA ORGANIC              (from iherb.com)



My Favourites so far:


#8: Organic Essence Organic Lip Balm Vanilla 6g USDA ORGANIC     

Unfortunately is has been discontinued from iherb.com, this is my favourite and I love it so much luckily I have a few spare. If you can get your hands on this go for it!! It's thick and creamy, smells like soft natural vanilla and eco friendly packaging, seriously i love this lip balm so much and I am very picky.



#32:Dr. Bronner’s Magic Organic Lip Balm “Peppermint” 4g USDA ORGANIC    

Another favourite, really creamy, hydrates beautifully, love the peppermint and didn't burn, tingles a bit. Other flavours are available Lemon- Lime, Naked and Orange-Ginger (I haven't tried any of these though).



#22: Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm "Honeysuckle" 4.25g      
Love, love, love the colour and natural nude colour, subtle but enough to see the difference, really beautiful colour.


29: Hurraw! Night Treatment Balm “Blue Chamomile Vanilla” 4.3g    

Smells so good, feels amazing on the lips, hydrating and just beautiful and creamy, cannot wait to try the rest on the Hurraw! balms that I have :)


33: Kuumba made Herbal Lip Balm “Almond” 4.25g   
Not a massive fan of the almond, it's not bad just not my preference BUT so creamy, really nice lip balm my lips are so soft when I apply this, last a good amount of time too. Again I can't wait to try the rest :)


16: TheraNeem naturals Neem Stick Lip Therape' 4.2g USDA ORGANIC 

Unbelievably cream....almost ridiculous how creamy it is. Works great, smells minty really great for winter.


 9: Badger Vanilla bean Cocoa Butter Lip Balm 7g USDA ORGANIC 

This is ridiculously moisturising, it's really a dry lip life saver. The size is so much better than a traditional sized lip balm and you don't need to apply too much. It smells like cocoa butter, not vanilla bean though.


1: Crazy Rumors A La Mode Banana Split Lip Balm 4.2g   

This is super creamy and another lip transformer (like this whole list of favs). I don't think it smells like a banana split though, it's more like a strange caramel smell, which I'm not a big fan of so when I repurchase it will be in a different flavour! but still great lip balm, surprising actually!




All my favourites mentioned are amazing for dry, chapped, flakey lips!! All these lip balms will change your lips for the better!! Trust me :)


Once I have made sure to try them all I will do an update of what is worth a purchase and what isn't.




For anyone's first purchase at www.iherb.com you can use my referral code QUM327 to receive $5 off   an order under $40 and $10 off an order over $40.
If you use my code I do receive a small commission percentage of your orders.


For anyone wanting to purchase from vitacost you can use my referral code and on orders over $30 you will be receive $10 off and then so will I.
https://www.vitacostrewards.com/Veb2mOo

15 comments: