Thursday 31 January 2013

BIG iherb haul part 3

This is the last part (and the smallest part) to my iherb haul, this part is mainly foods. I am gluten intolerant and so that's why these products are gluten free as I try to mostly keep to a gluten free diet.



1) Erewhon, Organic Corn Flakes, Gluten Free 312 g usda organic $4.59 (USD)     I have been looking for a gluten free corn flakes alternative to the kellogs and I finally found it on iherb, it is a bit pricey but compared to the prices of other gluten free cereals here in Australia it's about the same or a bit cheaper. I did see this week though at safeway there was a gluten free cornflakes so that must be new. I love though that these are NON GMO (very important to me) and usda organic (my most trusted certification).


2) Nature's Path, Organic Gluten-Free Cereal, Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise 300 g usda organic  $4.62 (USD) I've been looking for some nice gluten free cereals as a lot of the cereals at coles and safeway for some reason are lacking a good source of vitamins (gluten free cereals NOT tradition cereals), which has surprised me. So I saw this cereal had a bit more vitamins then I usually see on gluten free cereals (still not enough in my opinion) and it was vanilla, GMO free, usda organic, low in fat, sounds great! I tried it today and it tastes delicious!  


Inside the box;    mmmmmmmmmmm crumbs!   I guess I'll grab a spoon? lol
3)  Amy's, Gluten Free Shortbread, Chocolate Chip Cookie 153 g   $5.23  (USD)    Yeah, so this was very disappointing, I mean it wasn't cheap so I was hoping it would come in 1 piece, well each cookie would be in 1 piece.  It's not very edible since alot of it is in crumbs or small crumbly pieces. I have emailed iherb today and am waiting for a response. For what it's worth the crumbs tasted nice.




4) Pamela's Products, Simplebites, Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies 198 g  $3.55 (USD)   I had these last night and today and OMG they are so good!! They are gluten free and dairy free and I love them! Not too bad in price, I got these because gluten free biscuits here for the most part tend to have A LOT of numbers in the ingredient list, which I try and keep to a minimal amount.




5) Bob's Red Mill, Pure Baking Soda, Gluten Free 453 g  $3.31 (USD)   I am going to attempt (for the third time) to make my own deodorant (don't get me started on natural deodorants). The first time it turned out ok but didn't have enough odour control and second time I put an essential oil in it (cinnamon bark, I think) but it smelt disgusting, I mean really repulsive !! Anyway I'm gonna  give it another go, hoping for the best. 



6) Now Foods, Solutions, Vegetable Glycerine 473 ml  $6.87 (USD)  This is suppose to be great for dry skin so I'm gonna take a play around with it. I know also some people use it in recipes to replace sugar I think, might try that....not sure though.

7) Bob's Red Mill, Finely Ground, Tapioca Flour, Gluten Free 567 g  $4.47 (USD)  I got this for cooking and deodorant making, as the only tapioca flour I saw in my local super market had the preservative 220 in it which I know is bad.




8) Flavorganics, Organic Vanilla Extract 118 ml usda organic $9.64 (USD)  This was bought on a bit of a whim but I'm always using vanilla in cooking so it will be put to good use, plus it's usda organic, NON GMO and gluten free :)

9) Vita Coco, Coconut Water with Peach & Mango 330 ml  $1.72 (USD)   This was a bit cheaper than how much coconut water is here. I have tried coconut water once before in a mango flavour, it wasn't bad it's just kind of strange taste to get use to but I really want to teach myself to drink it cause I know coconut water is great for you so I'm giving it another go. Hoping for the best.



Anyway that's the end of this iherb haul, I'm pretty happy with the stuff I bought, there were a few things I forgot to get but it can wait till next time. So again if there are any certain products you would like to be reviewed or have any questions please comment below :)

























10 comments:

  1. 7a replica bags the original source k7p50j5z29 7a replica bags directory f1c40p1y68 replica louis vuitton handbags replica radley bags replica bags online shopping replica gucci bag l4q30w3k05 replica bags australia

    ReplyDelete