Tuesday 2 July 2013

June Monthly Favourites 2013



Firstly I would like to apologise for the lack of photos, my camera was not turning on so hopefully it has just ran out of battery naturally without me knowing and it isn't anything else. 


BEAUTY 







Badger Company, Beauty Balm, Damascus Rose 

I could have done without the scent to be honest, but I do like using this underneath my eyes to moisture that area since I get so dry there. I got it specifically for its line diminishing promises and I've been using it for a while on and off and I haven't seen that yet but I do like the way it hydrates underneath my eyes. 
Scent is a bit strong though, I feel it is unnecessary. Anyway it does help to moisturise underneath my eyes, most of the time I will use a tiny amount of oil then this over it- that's just me though, it's not needed. 

This would not be suitable under make-up, I use it when I have no make-up on and at night time. I do hope I start to see that it starts working to reduce those fine lines underneath my eyes but I still like it for moisturising, and you don't need a lot either. You get a pretty good amount of product so it should last me a while, if I were to try it on stretch marks (something it's suppose to help with) I don't think it would last very long so I just use it for dry areas on my face and under my eyes. 









Melrose Unrefined Coconut Oil

I love coconut oil for basically everything I can use it for, I love using it for my skin (body and face), I like using it sometimes on my hair (only a little), I love using it on my underarms since I am extremely sensitive there coconut oil and shea butter help so much. I love cooking with it and I love just having it off a teaspoon for the healthy benefits I get; like it speeds up your metabolism so I have it before I got for walks, it's supposed to keep your gut healthy, it give you energy, good for your skin and just overall health. This is one of my all around favourite products for internally and externally I highly recommend it!! It has so many other benefits other than the ones I mentioned I suggest you google!!!

A suggestions: Only get unrefined; it is the most pure and has the most benefits. If you do decide to take it internally you should start with 1/2 a teaspoon and slowly increase it. Some coconut experts say the maximum you should have is 3 tablespoons so as long as you have no more than that a day overall I think is the best way to go. Even a teaspoon a day will give you benefits.

Another Suggestion: I get my Melrose unrefined coconut oil from Chemist warehouse because it is the cheapest there and sometimes it goes on special for $7 which is a really great deal compared to normal prices.




One With Nature, Vanilla Oatmeal Soap Bar 

 This soap was in my iherb haul here and I really, really like it. It doesn't have a very vanilla smell like I thought it would,the scent is very soft and hard to explain it's like a natural kind of mineral smell...I don't know, it's a very different kind of smell but it's very subtle. Anyway why I love this so much is it came in a nice 200g size which is a nice change, it gets rid of body odour and cleans the skin nicely. It is not drying, maybe a little moisturising? not too sure but I know it isn't harsh and oil stripping. 




Kuumba Made Herbal Lip Balm "Shea Butter"

I forgot to add this yesterday but I love, love this lip balm! It is nice and creamy (which is what I look for in lip balms because they work best for me). I got this from iherb a little while ago in a four pack with the other flavours lime, almond and peppermint. I've used up the almond one a while ago and I loved that too, these lip balms just have a really good formula and they aren't expensive. I actually first got them because I was really curious about the ingredient list, it was very unusual from most lip balms so I was very interested in buying it and I am not disappointed. Great lip balms!!






As anyone who read my last months post on my monthly favourites, you would notice that I haven't included any make-up products and that's because I actually haven't been wearing make-up for a long while. Why? Well I've been really trying to focus on my skin, trying to get it to where I want it to be and I don't have much variety in natural make-up. Although my skin is far from where I want it to be, make-up products might be in the next monthly favourites. I don't have a lot of natural make-up since they are more expensive and the range isn't as broad as conventional make-up brands so the ingredients wont be perfect but I will start including more natural ingredients make-up brands in my blog.



TV SHOWS



Cougar Town

I think this was only on for 1 or 2 weeks  in June like Happy Endings and The Mindy Project, but it was a favourite I forgot to put in last month like the rest of these tv shows. Great funny show, it reminds me of the tv show Scrubs which makes sense since both shows  were created by the same guy, Bill Lawrence. It's a funny, heart warming, sweet show that I just love!!



House Rules

I didn't want to like this show to be honest, I have this thing against any kind of reality show, I don't like them for the most part. I think that they  are scripted in their own way whether it's producers trying to heighten situations or the way contestants react or feel. I hate the drama that all these shows like to hype up to be honest, it completely turns me off these shows or when the public gets to vote and the winner almost always seems to be the person they feel sorry for, not because they are the best but because they got the pity vote, which really angers me.

Anyway this is actually the first reality show that I like and have actually enjoyed watching, I think it's because I like the whole format of the show and the contestants aren't as annoying as most shows- they are actually mostly funny. I wanted Amy & Sean to win cause they were one of the sweetest couple I have ever seen on reality tv- they didn't though. Anyway it has finished and I will actually miss it, hopefully they get nice couples for next year!!



Happy Endings

FRIENDS 2.0? It gets compared to the friends tv show (my all time favourite show!!) quite a bit and it has it's similarities but to be honest it isn't that much like friends, yes it's about 6 friends and there adventures but I think it's a different kind of comedy which I love. It's a little more out there, the comedy is more dry (which I love) it's more silly and I just love it. My heart breaks that it has been cancelled only after 3 seasons, another show that hasn't been appreciated like it should be and then has been cancelled before it's time (cough cough VERONICA MARS). There was hope that another network in America would pick it up, but that now doesn't look likely :(



The Mindy Project

Love it!!! So funny, again more of a dry sarcastic comedy so, so, so good. Love it. I recommend it to anyone who likes comedy, it isn't like a "sitcom" kind of show it has a different beat to it but I think it's great and cannot wait for the dvd.




DVDs





Boy Meets World season 1,2,3,4,5

I don't think I can put into word how much I love and absolutely adore this tv show. My mum told me I use to watch it when I was little, I remembered the people just not the details but I just decided to get it on Amazon and that was a great decision!! I love it so much, in my opinion some of the best tv shows EVER came form the 90's. I strongly recommend this tv series, it is funny, emotional and relatable,  it is very close to perfection. I am just so sad that I only have season 6 and 7 left to watch. 100% one of my all time favourite shows EVER!!!!!

MUSIC


Miley Cyrus-We Can't Stop

Jessie J-Wild

Pitch Perfect Soundtrack

Borgore ft. Miley Cyrus-Decisions

Fergie, Q-Tip & GoonRock- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody- from The Great Gatsby  Soundtrack

2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa-  We Own It 



Miscellaneous /Random 


Annie's Naturals Organic  Dressings Cowgirl Ranch Dressing

This tastes so, so, so good I have to get more because I have finished :( I got it from iherb and this tastes so good, you can taste the apple cider vinegar and it's creamy and the parmesan cheese is in there and it tastes really great on salads and it's usda organic and gluten free  YAY!! It doesn't last too long though.


 


 Super Mario Bros Wii Game

I love this game, I'm not a very good game player but I love playing video games and get very addicted to them so that's why I don't buy a lot cause I do get a little cra cra. I am a BIG fan of the old school classic games Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Zelda stuff like that and I am not a big fan of 3D games I prefer the old 2D platform games, plus I get super nauseous when I play 3D video games, all video games if I play for too long I get motion sickness. Anyway the actual game is so much fun, it reminds me of a very "old school"  Mario game, it's a lot of fun!! Plus it has a lot of levels, and if you suck on a level eventually it can do it for you and you can pass to the next level which is good if you aren't the best player or younger kids are playing it.




Comment and Let me know your  monthly favourites :D



3 comments: