Friday 21 June 2013

Vitacost Haul May 2013 / First Impressions



I decided to put a vitacost order because I haven't in a while and knew I wanted a few things and the Australian dollar wasn't looking great so I thought just in case the dollar got worse I should put an order in.
I decided to get the priority shipping, it was an extra $2 so $12 all up for postage. I chose Priority shipping since the least expensive had gone up to $10 which is annoying since the last time I purchased from them it was $4 or $6 so I wasn't too happy about that. Anyway I am off topic like usual, so I chose Priority over Global shipping because it said it would be here in 5-10 business days and Global $10 shipping said 8-20 business days, so I though I would pay an extra $2 and get it earlier since every time I've ordered from them and chose the least expensive option it would be here just on 2 weeks so I was expecting to get my package in like 5-7 days, well I didn't. It took 3 weeks, so next time I will just go with global shipping .






I go through soap pretty quickly and I like trying new natural soaps and when someone in the house needs it I've always got some, which is handy :)

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: I haven't used it yet but omg the smell is so, so good!!





This was so cheap that it was surprising, on special for $3, you get 3 bars of soap each 113g which I thought was a bargain :) If the shipping wouldn't have gotten more expensive I would have bought more.








I got 2 of these, one for me and one for my brother, his lips get very dry too. I like this mint flavour, it's nice and sweet smelling. I am so silly though I should have bought the orange one as it's antibacterial which I like having for winter when I get a cold- I like using it instead but all well, next time.



4) EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere "Strawberry Sorbet"

I actually love these eos lip balms, I mean they're usda organic which is very important to me, they work very nicely, I actually like them more now then when I first tried them because I think to repair lips they aren't the best, they are more of a maintaining healthy lips lip balm. One of my main favourite things about these lip balms is the sphere shape I prefer it 100% to the ordinary shape, plus they are super cute!!







5) Mychelle Dermaceuticals Lip Plumping Treatment Luscious Pina Colada

I have this obsession, well in all honesty I have quite a few obsessions and one of them is big lips, I love big lips, my lips aren't small but they aren't as full as I would like them to be especially the shape of my top lip. Anyway I am very much considering in the future getting some kind of lip injections, problem is I have a HUGE fear of needles, it's expensive, you have to top it up, it's a foreign object in your body which isn't something I like the thought of and although I want big and full lips I don't want them to look fake and plastic which is a risk so anyway I decided to try this since some people in the reviews were saying that it works and it's great.






I wasn't sure if I should because it's kinda expensive and you don't get a lot of product and it has to be used 3-4 times a day. But if it works, doesn't matter to me. The only thing that I am unsure about and no one mentioned it, I don't know if it'd like a temporary lip plump like when you use a lip plumping gloss or like a treatment that will last after you have stopped using the product or will it go back to normal and you have to continue to use it to see results, because 3-4 times a day is a quite a lot if it is a constant thing you have to use, anyway I will see what happens and might do a review on it.


FIRST IMPRESSIONS:  I started using this June 8th, so far no results but it does say give it 29 days. Oddly this is super drying so I NEED to use a lip balm over the top of this...hmm weird right? 









These honeybee gardens eye liners have the best ingredients I have come across in any eye liner so far I just hope they work well, I also wanted to get the Belgium chocolate colour but they were out of stock.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: This is a matte black colour, soft enough but not super black but still black. On the water line it isn't super black like I had hoped but I will do a review once I have used it enough, I might be nice for lower lash line. I will still use it on my water line, since I have only used it once.


Because the Belgium chocolate wasn't available I thought this would be a good opportunity to try another brand of eye liner, ingredients are good not as good as honeybee garden's but it's all good.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: I swatched the colour a few times and this is not a basic brown like I had thought, it is a medium brown with very visible purple/red tones and a shimmer to it. Seems soft so far.



I was reading the reviews saying this colour was very light, in the pictures on the website it looked like a mid-tone brown but I guess it's not so I still got it because I thought if it's very light I can use it as a flesh coloured eye liner for my waterline as white is quite sharp at times. Any way if it's too dark for that I thought maybe I could use it as an eyebrow pencil because it is so hard for me to find the right colour for my brows, even though my hair and eyebrows are a mid toned brown, I need a pencil that would be more for a blonde haired  person since darker colours seem to be too harsh for me I think it's cause I'm like vampire white so yeah I'll see how that goes.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: A lighter brown warm colour, it's interesting cause of my skin maybe cause I'm so fair it doesn't look too pale but I am experimenting with this colour cause I think I could use it as either an eyebrow pencil, a nude water line pencil or even a lip liner, not sure...I will keep you updated.






I actually got this sharpener for the new pencils I bought, even though I love my Avon sharpener it is covered with my unnatural eye liners so that's why I got a new one. I actually should have gotten 2 since I want to buy a honeybee gardens lip liner and need a sharpener for when I get it, anyway next time.



Besides black nail polish and darker colours, I love glitter nail polish so much and was excited to find a more natural one and it's the first one I have seen so I thought I would get it.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Very smelly, super sparkly, more so in person than in pictures. Rainbow glitter with 2  different sized cut glitter. It hasn't lasted very long on me but.....I still really like it.
 Click here for nail of the day with this nail polish.







I think I saw iluvjesse444 talk about this and she had such good things to say that I wanted to give it a try, not too sure what it is suppose to do as the packaging doesn't give much direction or uses. I am gonna google it, but I know it will be good for summer and under make-up. This unfortunately did leak a little. 



















My all time favourite natural chewing gum I can't seem to get it anymore from iherb since they no longer are allowed to ship it here, I an so heartbroken and vitacost have taken it off their website, more heartbreak so I thought I would get the Xlear chewing gum, since I have tried it and it's ok not as good as my favourite anyway then I saw that the mints had more product so I thought I would give this a go before I buy the chewing gum, I've tried this product but in the berry flavour which was kinda crap because they were 100% nothing like a mint they were more like a light sugar free lolly, but my brother LOVED them though.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: This actually is very minty to my surprise and does have a mildly "hot" kind of peppermint so I think it will be a good breath freshener. Yay!!





Note: More first impressions of some of these products might be added in the next upcoming days :)



For anyone wanting to purchase from vitacost you can use my referral code and on orders over $30 you will be receive $10 off and then so will I.






2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try the EOS lip balms! Great post xx

    http://jasminecara.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasminecara :) There are really nice, best lip balm packaging ever!! Thanks for your comment x

      Delete