Sunday 27 January 2013

I Dry My Hair With a.....What??

So....most people I would say dry their hair with a towel, right? Well, not me, at least not anymore. So... what do I use? A t-shirt. Why? I'll tell you.

 So a few months ago I was doing some research, something to do with hair... I can't even remember clearly but I came across an article about curly hair and how it's best to use a cotton cloth or t-shirt to dry your hair, this helps reduce frizziness and damage to the hair follicles.  The fibres on towels are much more harsh than a cotton t-shirt, so I did the switch and I haven't gone back to a towel since.

So my hair is very long, wavy and frizzy since using a t-shirt to dry my hair it's definitely less frizzy and it just feels a lot better when I dry my hair, you can't do as much damage with a t-shirt like you can with a towel, especially an older, rougher towel. When I dry my hair it's obvious that using a towel is a lot more harsh than a t-shirt. I do recommend using a t-shirt or any kind of cotton blend fabric, especially if you have curly, wavy or frizzy hair.....infact I recommend everyone do it, it's just a much gentler  way to dry you hair, less breakage and smoother follicles, your hair will thank you, maybe not literally, but your hair will feel better and endure less damage.

A recommendation, obviously a t-shirt doesn't hold/ absorb as much water as a towel so depending on hair length and thickness you may need to use 2-3 t-shirts. Then just hang them up to dry for the next time you wash your hair.

Give it a go :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard about this before. It's an interesting idea. I normally use a special microfiber hair towel I got from Kit Cosmetics.

    I'll have to try this out :)

    PS Here's my response to your question about the shower filter I wrote back to you.

    "Hi! My hubby bought ours on eBay for $80, but it is a high pressure chrome one. You can get a cheaper one for about $40 if you don't care about high water pressure or the finish on the filter. My hubby said it was really easy to attach. All you need to do is take off the shower head, attach the filter then attach the showerhead back on. Hope that helps :)"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Microfiber towels would be a good idea :) t-shirts aren't very absorbing but because the fibre are so gentle I use them.

      Thanks for the reply I definitely want to look into getting one I think it's a great idea for so many reasons, thanks for the info on it :)

      Delete